- Provisional data is updated every day at approximately 5:00 a.m. When final data is published for the year, the term "provisional" is removed and that data will not change.
- In this system, if there are no values for the field selected, it will not be displayed.
- Starting with 2003 deaths, the sum of the deaths from all counties may not equal the total number of resident deaths due to an unknown county of residence on some records.
- In the 113 Causes of Death and 50 Leading Causes of Death lists, COVID-19 is broken out separately only for final data.
- For HIV and COVID-19 deaths, only county-level data are displayed.
- Where 99999999999 is used as a census tract, it is unknown.
- Use caution when interpreting rates based on small numbers of events. Rates are
considered unstable if they are based on fewer than 5 events or if the denominator
(population at risk) is fewer than 20. Use of this tool is for analytical and statistical
- The total on reports displaying Leading Causes of Death will not match the sum of rankable causes shown on the report.